Friday, April 2, 2010

Grace Tells Another Story.......

I thought that naming my new blog would be much more laborious than it was...and truly, you don't know the relief I am feeling now that it is done. First of all, the mere thought of truly jumping into the blogging world is at best intimidating, and at worst, mind numbing. For those of you who know me well, you probably know that I don't follow my daughter around with a camera of any kind, I fail to keep up with my scrapbooking, and I, as every mom I know, have a fairly full plate...mom, wife, homeschool teacher, co-owner of a company, and now co-leader of a support group for homeschooling moms....sometimes it just feels like a LOT, but ya know? I wouldn't change a thing. I am BLESSED to be all of these things and more...but to add something else? Even if it is just a blog? :-) Now I'm feeling the sweats come on...

But realistically? I must...I must blog...I must chronicle this amazing and incredible journey that I am on. If for no other reason than for my daughter to see years after we have moved on to other stages of our lives how much I treasured my moments with her...for her to see my faith journey...for her to know how very much she is loved by her most grateful parents...for if some reason I am the first to be separated from my family by the Heavens, they will know that the two of them make up my whole heart. So I strive to add this to my ever growing list of things I do...but to add it not with trepidation, but with high hopes that it will live up to my expectation of what a blog should be.

So the name....

One of my favorite musical groups is the inspirational band "Mercy Me"....and they have a song by this same title. And when I saw the name of that song for the first time, it struck me...grace always DOES tell another story. You can examine more closely any story that you wish, and when viewed with the knowledge that God's grace is bestowed upon those who ask for it and accept it, you will see something different than everyone else sees...IF you see what God wants you to see. Grace....we don't deserve it. And because of that, grace is one of the most difficult concepts for most to grasp. We can't touch it, see it, smell it, hear it....and it completely depends on our faith in God. To this humble blogger, it was not a concept I understood for almost all of my adult life until about two years ago. It's like advanced Christianity, if there is such a term. But once I got it...once I saw that grace was telling another side of a story that I had struggled with for many years, it gave me a peace I cannot even begin to explain to you.

And so now, I look at almost everything I see with different eyes...I try to use the eyes that God would use if He were here with us today. To remind myself that everyone gets that grace if they ask for it...no matter what the earthly price they will pay for their sin is, they still have grace.

My blog will be a collection of stories about my family, my homeschooling journey with my daughter, my faith journey (which was a very long time coming) and my thoughts on everyday life. I considered so many other names that were references to the above topics, but in the end, I want my journal to be about so much more than just those three things....because WE as God's children are about so much more. And I need all the reminders of that that I can get!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome blog name. Grace really is the single defining characteristic of Christianity. That is so absolutely relevant right now at Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer...I truly feel as though it was inspired....

    ReplyDelete